Saturday, March 2, 2013

Day Thirty-Five

I have to post my blogs from this weekend late because there wasn't free wifi at all this weekend in Cologne.

Today was another travel day. Our train didn't leave until one so we got to sleep in a little. The train ride was rather uneventful. I just listened to my iPod and played solitaire most of the way. I also read a bit if The Hobbit.

When I had been looking into how to get to Heilbronn, Germany, one of the stops was listed as "Köln". When we got to Cologne I started seeing that town name all over and I got really confused. It turns out that's how they spell Cologne in Germany.

We walked to our hostel and dropped off our bags before walking to the Cologne cathedral and then to the shopping district right next to it. We had dinner at a place called Goffel Kölsch. I had chicken schnitzel with some sort of tomato sauce. It was really good. After dinner we walked around a bit more and then everyone wanted to go to an Irish pub they saw so we went there for a bit and then went back to the hostel to sleep.

The Cologne Cathedral
Erin and I in a store in the shopping district of Cologne

No comments:

Post a Comment