Monday, March 11, 2013

Day Forty-Six

There was a plaza in Florence with a panoramic view that we went to this morning. It stayed sunny long enough for us to get some nice pictures and to not get rained on while walking up the path.

Our hostel ended up being only five minutes from the train station which is pretty nice since my backpack is a bit heavy.

We started walking to the Colosseum and ended up seeing a whole bunch of neat buildings and such along the way. When we finally got to it we weren't able to go in because we got the right after closing time. We are going to go back in the morning.

After the Colosseum we walked to the Trevi Fountain and Erin and I made wishes. For dinner I had pesto pasta again. I can't get enough of that stuff. I also had some sort of sugar-coated pizza crust with Nutella dessert which was amazing.

When we to back to the hostel we went up to the rooftop patio and sat around for a while just chatting until it got too cold. Now I am sitting in my room just recuperating because my feet are extremely sore from all the walking I did today. I may need to invest in some better walking shoes while I am here if this continues.

View of Florence from the panorama view plaza

We weren't really sure what this was, but it looked really neat

There are ruins all over in the city like this

I don't even know....

At the Colosseum!

The Trevi Fountain

No comments:

Post a Comment