Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Day Forty-Seven

I had the best breakfast of my European adventure this morning. I had a fruit salad and orange juice that were both amazing. The fruit was cut up right after I ordered it and the orange juice was squeezed right then and there. I have never had a fresher breakfast.

The weather this morning was quite deceiving. It was really sunny and nice out. By the middle of the day it was down pouring. It also started to hail. Good thing I brought my umbrella, but I had only brought a sweater and not my jacket so it got pretty chilly.

We went into the Colosseum today which was really awesome. It was raining when we were in there and there was even a little lightning and thunder. Once it cleared out though, the sun came out for a bit so we could get some pretty awesome pictures.

The rest of the day was spent in Vatican City. We went into the basilica which was really amazing inside. While waiting in line to go in, a random photographer came up to me and asked if he could take a picture of the basilica in the reflection of my sunglasses. Later I also got interviewed by NBC which is pretty sweet. Hopefully I make it on to the news.

No smoke was released at five-thirty to signify a pope being chosen, so we waited around until seven for the next round of voting. It was really cold and my feet started to hurt really bad. The smoke wasn't released until quarter to eight and it was black smoke so a pope still has not been chosen.

Inside the Colosseum

The Colosseum right after it stopped raining

The plaza in Vatican City

Inside St. Peter's Basilica


Weirdly-dressed guards in Vatican City

No comments:

Post a Comment