Monday, March 25, 2013

Day Sixty

This morning I got on a train to Frankfurt at eight thirty. Through transfers and waiting for trains it took me just under five hours to get there. I worked on my alligator needlepoint for most of the ride.

When I got to Frankfurt I acquired a map from the tourist office and then headed to the hotel I made a reservation at. It seems like a pretty new place. Everything is really nice. There's even power blinds where you just press a button and they go up or down! The place I am staying is part of a hotel chain and we stayed in one when we were in Munich.

I ended up getting into contact with a couple of my German relatives today. One of them is my age and the other is her aunt. Their names are Jennifer Eich and Kerstin Bachmann. Jennifer speaks pretty good English, but Kerstin sent me messages in German and according to the translator on my phone she doesn't speak English very well. I am meeting up with both of them tomorrow as well as Jennifer's brother so that will be really nice. Apparently Jennifer's father is my dad'd cousin. I had no idea I was that closely related to people in Germany.

I walked to a pizza place for dinner. Im really happy that a lot of European pizza places have salami pizza rather than pepperoni because that's actually the kind I prefer to get in the states, after tater tot hot dish pizza of course.

Other than going to get dinner I haven't done anything else here in Frankfurt since I am here by myself. I've been trying to watch tv, but there isn't a single channel that isn't in German. It would be nice to be able to speak German. Maybe I will get a book about it when I get back to Fargo.

No comments:

Post a Comment