Sunday, March 10, 2013

Day Fourty-Five

It's the halfway point of my trip. I can't believe I have already been here for a month and a half. I'm so excited for the rest of my trip.

It was really nice when we got to Florence on the train. The sun was finally out and it was pretty warm. Of course a couple hours later it was down pouring. The rest of the day was really rainy. Luckily I had my umbrella with me.

At lunch we met a couple that moved to Florence from the east coast of the United States twelve years ago. They told us about all these great places to go in Florence. Apparently the lady does high end renovations in America, but she can do it from here which is pretty awesome.

Our hotel is right next to the large river that runs through Florence which is pretty awesome. The management people were extremely nice. They even explained how to use the cappuccino maker.

We walked around a whole bunch today and saw some really neat buildings. One church we went to didn't let people in unless your entire legs were covered, so two of the guys in my group weren't able to go in because they were wearing shorts. We also walked through a big market that had a whole bunch of neat things for sale.

I had some of the best pesto pasta for dinner. I really want to learn how to make it when I get back to the states.

Playing with the miniature camera setting again

Panorama of Florence



Awesome painting on the inside of a cathedral's dome

No comments:

Post a Comment