Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Day Fifty-Five

I worked on the layout for an apartment unit today for my studio project. It is a lot more difficult to design an apartment for a Belgian project than for an American project. We are required to work in meters for this project because that's the units they use here. We were also given guidelines for room size minimums and maximums for apartments and they are quite a bit smaller than apartments in the states. It's herd to get everything to fit into such a small amount of space. I ended up figuring out one layout that seemed to work decently well, but a couple of the spaces might be a little under the minimum requirement.

After class I re-dyed some parts of my hair. The last time I tried it didn't really take to my hair which may have been because I tried to use very little dye and I was too impatient to leave it on very long. Today I used a bit more dye and I left it on for two hours while watching videos on my laptop. When I washed it out it kind of looked like it didn't work again and I was a bit annoyed, but when I dried my hair I realized that it actually worked. Now my part on top of my head is no longer blonde and weird, and the ends of my hair are bright red and not some weird pink.

I fried my first ever pork chop for dinner and it actually turned out pretty well. I think I still prefer the baked ones though, but there isn't an oven in our apartment so I can't have those. I need to find more creative dinners because I am getting sick of having pasta with sauce from a jar all the time. It may be quite convenient, but it is pretty tiresome.

I worked some more on my studio project after dinner. I came up with a possible fountain design to help draw people into our site. I brought some of the maritime/nautical theme of the area into the design. It's hard to describe, but looking down at it from above it looks like a spiral shell. The center of the spiral is the tallest point and it slopes downward in the spiral to the outside end where it meets the ground. I intended for water to flow down and around the spiral from the top. I think it would be a great addition to the public spaces in my group's design.

No comments:

Post a Comment