Monday, March 4, 2013

Day Thirty-Nine

This morning we met with our professor to talk more about our groups plans for the port site. I think that it would be really awesome if we could include a community market as well as have direct access to the water with boat docks for the residences. We also got the last two flights booked for our spring break trip as well as the hostels. Now I just have to pay people back for booking the hostels.

After we were done at the school, I went to Brugge again with two of my classmates. One of them wanted to go there to look at a possible site for his thesis so we went with him. We walked around a ton and my feet hurt pretty bad from all of the uneven cobblestone. I found a craft store while walking on one of the shopping streets so naturally I had to go in. I ended up buying a teeny crochet hook and some crochet thread so that I can attempt to crochet my own lace since I probably wouldn't be able to figure out the bobbin-lace method the Belgians use. I downloaded quite a few patterns from the internet so I will have to see how well I can follow them.

One of the many canals in Brugge

I had no idea this stuff actually existed! Found it while perusing a souvenir shop

No idea what this building was, but modern architecture does exist in Brugge



No comments:

Post a Comment