Thursday, February 28, 2013

Day Thirty-Four

I was unable to post to my blog last night because of crappy internet. You would think that decent internet wouldn't be that hard to provide, but my apartment has some of the worst wi-fi ever.

We did more work on our studio project, talking about what identifies a Flemish (northern area of Belgium) city and what we would like to see incorporated into the design of this neighborhood. I did a couple small sketches of some ideas I had. All of us had to do some work on our thesis proposals as well because those are due already. I turned mine in in the morning because I didn't want to over-think it. We are just supposed to submit general ideas for now and then we get feedback on them from the thesis committee. I also had to post an entry to the class blog covering what has gone on in the past week. It can be read here: https://ndsuarchitectsabroad.wordpress.com/

After we were done with class we went to the Media Markt because a few people needed to get things there. I went to return my replacement laptop charger that I bought because it wouldn't charge my laptop. After waiting in line for what seemed like half an hour I found out that since I opened the package, I am no longer able to return it. How in the heck was I supposed to know that it wouldn't work for me then?! I sure miss Best Buy right now. I guess there is a small bit of good in having to keep the charger. My old one makes noises when plugged in to the European outlets, but this new one is nice and quiet. It also can plug directly into the outlets here without and adapter. That still may not be worth the fifty Euro that it cost me though. Oh well I guess, nothing I can do about it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment