Friday, February 8, 2013

Day Fifteen

We did some more touring around with our professor today. He showed us an "art nouveau" area of Paris. He also brought us to the Pompidou Center which was pretty neat. The skeleton as well as the support services for the building are all on the outside of the building and on complete display. Definitely something I have never seen before.

We went to an underground shopping center for lunch and then our teacher led us to the entrance to the Paris catacombs. Everyone else was really excite to see the catacombs, but if I had know I would see so many bones down there I definitely would not have gone. Being so far underground in a somewhat small tunnel kind of freaked me out right away, but then I got used to it and was fine. The part that got me the most was when we got to the passages that were filled with bones and skulls. I had no idea there would be so many skeletons down there. Apparently there were six million bodies worth of them and I had to walk through the very very long passage with them all stacked along the sides. It was not a good place for me to be because my fear of death got the best of me and I had a small panic attack. The rest of my group thought it was really neat an they were all taking their time taking photos and what not, but I just wanted to get out of there. Luckily one person from my group didn't really care to take many pictures and they offered to walk with me to the exit. I will never go back down there again in my life, but at least I can say I went into the catacombs in Paris.

Our professor offered to take anyone who wanted to go to an authentic Paris brasserie with him for dinner. He said it would cost around $50. Everyone in my group wanted to go so naturally I am currently having a McDonald's dinner alone. (Don't worry mom and dad, the McDonald's is right next to my hotel) I will probably just watch tv until everyone gets back, although I have no idea how long that will be.

Another cathedral we visited that was on top of a hill

The Pompidou Center

The only picture I took in the catacombs

No comments:

Post a Comment