Sunday, February 10, 2013

Day Sixteen

Once again this post is a day late. We spent a majority of the day walking around the Palace of Versailles. That place was really awesome to see. There was so much decoration and extravagance in the main house. The gardens were pretty nice, but all the flowers were dead so they weren't at their best. I had a Nutella covered waffle at a cafe there that was pretty delicious.

We visited Marie Antoinette's estate which is also on the grounds of Versailles. We saw her house and where she slept which was pretty neat. Versailles is so massive so we had to do a lot of walking again.

When we got back to our hotel most people took naps, but I read one of my books. I am going to have to see if I can order some new ones off amazon to be sent to Antwerp because I have finished the only two books I have brought to Europe.

For dinner we went to a fondue place because some people in our group had never tried it before. I didn't have any fondue, but my coat and sweater now smell of oil and cooking meat. Wonderful. I'll have to air them out when I get back to Antwerp.

One of the large halls in the main palace at Versailles

One of the bedrooms in the palace

A very ornate hallway in the palace

A large boulevard on the Versailles grounds

Marie Antoinette's bedroom

No comments:

Post a Comment