Thursday, February 7, 2013

Day Fourteen

I went to Notre Dame this morning. It was flooded with school children. I got some really awesome pictures of it though. The inside is so amazing and I really loved all the stained glass that it had.

Our professor took us on an architecture tour through the Louvre plaza and then to the Arc De Triomphe. I went to the top of the Arc and got a great view of the city.

After the Arc we got on the metro and rode to the new portion of Paris. The buildings are all new and really nice, but I didn't like it as much as the rest of Paris. I enjoy the smaller streets and lack of skyscrapers better. Paris just seems more like a city to have older styled buildings.

We needed to take another trip to the Eiffel Tower of course. We didn't even go to the top yesterday. I really wanted to go to the top, but I was quite scared to be going so high up on a structure that was meant to be temporary. On the elevator I the top I didn't even dare look out the window. Once I got to the very top though, I wasn't as scared as I thought I would be. The very top of the Eiffel Tower has two floors, one enclose and the other open. I went to the open one for a bit to take some pictures, but I didn't stay there long.

When we got back to solid ground, we went to have some dinner at a little cafe and then headed back to our hotel.

Currently I am sitting at the only source of free wifi we have found in Paris, McDonald's. At least they have tasty McFlurrys!

Notre Dame

The inside of Notre Dame. I love the stained glass

We crossed a bridge covered in locks with couples' names on them. Apparently they throw the keys in the river

The Arc De Triomphe

The Eiffel Tower

This structure is on the end of a large axis that runs through Paris. The other end of the axis is the Louvre

No comments:

Post a Comment