Monday, February 4, 2013

Day Eleven

It was a pretty rough day. After not sleeping very well on the horribly uncomfortable mattress at our hotel, I woke up feeling quite nauseous. It may have been nervousness for having to ride through the Channel Tunnel again or it may have been from the possibly under cooked bacon I had on my cheese fries last night for Super Bowl Sunday at the pub. Either way I felt sick to my stomach. Luckily one of my classmates brought along motion sickness medicine because I had left mine in Antwerp. I think that from now on I will remember my own though because the stuff I took was not the non-drowsy kind and it put me into a sort of daze for the rest of the day and made me very tired.

We got back to our apartment building to find that the leasing company had changed the entry code while we were gone so we were locked out for a little bit. My apartment finally got cleaned, but the person did a very poor job at it. We are currently still stuck with only one working outlet and that is the one in the bathroom. Hopefully that gets fixed before we get back from Paris this weekend.

After doing some homework I did some work on my crochet slippers I have been making. They finally have soles, but I am not quite done yet so I won't be posting any pictures of them today. I'm glad I found a yarn shop in Antwerp because I want to make another pair when I am done with these and try out some new color combinations.

No comments:

Post a Comment