Sunday, February 3, 2013

Day Nine

*I wrote this post as a note on my phone yesterday because I didn't have any wifi. So that is why I am posting it a day late*

It was pretty sunny out this morning so I had high hopes for the weather to be nice all day. That was a mistake. Once we took the subway, or the "tube" as its called here in London, it started to get cloudy and windy.

The first thing we did was hunt down out new place to stay. It turned out to be a house that has been converted to a hotel. The owner is a really nice Italian guy who I had a conversation about head lice.... odd.

After we settled in we went to check out London's new skyscraper that just opened called The Shard. I had seen pictures of it before we left the states, but those were nothing compared to what it looked like in person. At first it looked like it was going to fall onto us because of an optical illusion created by the clouds.

On our way over to Shakespeare's Globe Theater we walked through a market that was really awesome. I think we may be going bak tomorrow in hopes that it won't be as packed. We didn't go inside the theater, but it was nice to at least get to see the outside of it.

The Millennium Bridge was high in my list for this trip because it's in the Harry Potter movies. I got to take some pictures of it and we walked across it since we needed to cross the river there anyway. I wonder if The Leaky Cauldron really exists in London as well...

After we crossed the Thames we walked to St. Paul's Cathedral. We walked inside and got to see some of it, but you had to pay to see the entire inside. We ended up staying for a church service because we had gotten there right before it started and we thought it would be really awesome to attend one there.

After the service we got some dinner at a burger place with bad service and then we headed back to our hotel for the night.

The Shard

Tower Bridge

The Market

Millennium Bridge

St. Paul's Cathedral

No comments:

Post a Comment