Monday, February 11, 2013

Day Eighteen

This morning I started my week-long international design workshop. I wasn't entirely sure what to expect from my workshop that I got put in. Apparently this week we are going to build a "raft" that we will hang from the ceiling on Friday.

We are making 3D paper models of found objects to assemble into this raft. The workshop leaders showed us a program where you can make a digital 3D model of an object from pictures and then it gets transformed into a printout that shows you where to it and fold to make the 3D shape. It is pretty awesome.

One of the leaders for my workshop actually took a workshop led by an NDSU professor when the professor still lived in Copenhagen. What a small world.

There was a lecture to end the night, but the lecturer was late and it went until 9:30. There wasn't even a break for supper before the lecture started. This is going to be a rough week because supper isn't scheduled in for any day and we always go until 8:30 at least. Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment