Thursday, February 7, 2013

Day Thirteen

Had to post this late again. Wifi is hard to come by.

I got up early this morning to make sure I had everything packed for my weekend trip to Paris. The train ride took around two hours and in that time I finished the first Hunger Games book. I only bought the first one before coming on this trip and I am now regretting not getting the the other two. I planned on waiting until after I saw each movie to read its book, but now that I have finished the first book I really just want to read them all right now.

When we got to Paris our teacher was waiting for us at the station to guide us to our hotel. Good thing he was with us because apparently the people at the hotel desk only speak French and Spanish. From my hotel room you can see the top of the Eiffel Tower and there's even a balcony in the bathroom.

After we dropped off our luggage we walked to the Louvre. I know it's supposed to be an art museum, but I feel like I was more interested in the building itself more than the art. The ceilings had such intricate detail and some had some really amazing paintings on them. I did get to see the Mona Lisa though.

After the Louvre we walked to the Eiffel Tower and stopped for dinner on the way. By the time we got to the Eiffel Tower it was dark out so it was all lit up. We decided not to go up it tonight since it was pretty cold just standing on the ground. I got some really nice night time pictures of it though.

The metro seems to be pretty easy to navigate here and our teacher used some of the trip budget to buy us all passes to help us save money which was really nice.

My feet already are sore after not even a full day of walking and we were told tomorrow will be a bit of a long walking tour. I will be staying in Antwerp all of next week until possibly going to Germany on Saturday so I can rest my feet while I'm back at home. For now there is just so much to see in the four days I will be here.

Just before bed I looked out the window at the Eiffel Tower and saw that there were thousands of lights twinkling on it. It was awesome. I hope that I can see it up close some night while I am here.

Me in Paris! You can sort of see the Eiffel Tower to the right of my head, but it's really teeny.

The plaza at the Louvre with the glass pyramid entry

The Mona Lisa!

One of the amazing ceilings in the Louvre

The Eiffel Tower at night

No comments:

Post a Comment