Monday, February 18, 2013

Day Twenty-Four

Once again I forgot to blog last night. Yesterday I went to Dachau concentration camp. It wasn't at the top of my list for this trip, but everyone else wanted to go and it seemed like it could be a bit interesting. It wasn't what I expected at all, but I guess my only previous knowledge of what concentration camps are like were images of Auschwitz. Dachau definitely wasn't as morbid, but it was creepy none-the-less.

When we got back to Munich we went to visit Olympic park and saw the awesome tensile structure. We didn't get there until after dark so I wasn't able to get any good pictures. We also walked by the BMW museum which was also a really awesome building.

For dinner we went to Hofbrauhaus which is a large and well-known drinking hall with really great German food and a live band. The musicians were wearing lederhosen! I had some really great smoked sausage and potato salad. There were so many people in that place and they were all cheering and singing in German. It was really great and it made me wish even more that I knew German.

No comments:

Post a Comment